viernes, 13 de noviembre de 2009

My experience with english

First of all, I have to say that I have a special relation with English language. This is because this kind of language has had a big imprint in my family. My father and my mother live for several years on a country where English is the first language: Canada. After that, my mother became an English teacher, until nowadays. My father and my sister are brilliant dominants of this language. And, in my case, the situation is the opposite. I don’t have an accurate management about English. I really don’t like to learn new languages. And also, and just because my family is very near to English language, for a while – especially in mi adolescence- I hate it.
Today, I have compulsory English classes. If it were my personal option, probably I never take this class. This doesn’t mean that I think that English it’s awful or unnecessary. Indeed, in my opinion, English language it’s very useful because it is an indispensable tool for the social life today, allow open new horizons for the mind and the relationships. And in special for the people that love travel, like me.
So, ¿why I say that if it were my option, I’ll never take English classes? Well, this is because I think that the obligatory staffs don’t have good results, including language learning. When I was younger, I hate that my family spoke English on my house and my face. I felt that they wanted that I do the same, at any price. Because I was on my teenage time, don’t speak English was a reveal way from my mother (at that time my father doesn’t live anymore with me). By the same time, I had English classes on school. That experience was more fun (because I was with my classmates), but in the deep of my heart I don’t like it for nothing.
Nowadays, being in university, I think that the compulsory classes might do not exist. English is the unique obligatory subject in my career (Anthropology), and that is bad for a better learning. I believe that if you want to really learn a language, you have to take that option by yourself. You need a lot of time to study. It’s not useful have classes only once a week (like my case); you need to practice all the days of the week. And for the students that’s very difficult, because we have a lot of others subject. That’s way I will take English classes in an institute when I finish my career.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario