viernes, 12 de junio de 2009

My ideal job

Because I am studying Anthropology, my wish is to work in this area. So, I would like to work as an ethnographer. At ethnographic work means that I would have to travel to many different societies and cultures around the world, with the view to increase the anthropological knowledge.
To do this job, I would have to be open to adaptation to different places where I will be. It is very important that I need to bee empathic with the people. Also, for this job I have to record all the information around me. So, I would need to be able to take pictures, have a field diary, and have conversations with lot of people.
I am good at writing, so I will be able to record in a good way the information. I am very emphatic with people that I don’t know before. I am a sociable person, so I will be good to get closer to the people.
Sincerely, I think that I never will find this job. It's a utopian idea, because today doesn’t exist to much people that are interested to pay this kind of work.

3 comentarios:

  1. Este comentario ha sido eliminado por el autor.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. !!!! utopian idea!!!! that sucks!.
    but don't worry too much about it, that happens to all fields of anthropolgy and actually, to any investigation field, especially here in Chile. That is because people here don't get yet the reason why it is so important to invert in long time invetigations, but I'm pretty confident that this situation would change in a future -a short one I hope-
    anyway, if you are determined to find it, you will, so don't loose hope! =)

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Natalia,
    Working as an ethnographer sounds like an interesting job because of what it involves: travelling, socializing with different types of people, taking photos, etc.
    I hope you get a job in that speciality. You are friendly and seem to have an open nature, that will surely help you.
    Remember:
    a) Use: ‘too much’ + uncountable nouns / too many + countable plurals. Ex. too much time,wine,money / too many hours,bottles of wine,dollars
    b) (record in a good way the information): The correct word order is : Verb + object +the manner the action is done. Ex. She plays the piano very well / He can swim in a funny style / He read the letter silently/ etc. Can you correct your sentence?
    Here’s your post with some corrections and suggestions.
    My ideal job
    Because I am studying Anthropology, my wish is to work in this area. So, I would like to work as an ethnographer. At ethnographic work means that I would have to travel to GET IN TOUCH WITH many different societies and cultures around the world, with A view to increase MY anthropological knowledge.
    To do this job, I would have to be open to adaptation/WILLING TO ADAPT MYSELF to different places where I SHOULD be. It is very important that I need to be(/) empatHic TOWARDS people. Also, for this job/TO DO THIS JOB I WOULD have to record all the information around me. So, I (/) need to be able to take pictures, have a field diary, and have conversations with lotS/A LOT of people.
    I am good at writing, so I will be able to record the information in a good way. I am very emphatic TOWARDS people that I HAVEN’T SEEN/MET before. I am a sociable person, so I will be good AT getTING closer to/APPROACHING (/) people.
    Sincerely, I think that I will never find this job. It's a utopian idea, because today THERE don’t exist/THERE AREN’T toO mANY people that are interested IN payING/WILLING TO PAY FOR this kind of work.

    ResponderEliminar